22.2.12

Replac-ed.

Today marks the first day of Lent, which for me, as in years past, marks the first of 40 days without chocolate

Though I understand that not everyone practices Lent, I believe self-restraint is something worth testing from time to time.  

What is your vice?  Is it facebook? diet coke? wine?

Give it up…just for today.  And even better, replace it with something you wish you did more frequently.  Log out of facebook and write a blog post instead.  Put down the coke can and chug a bottle of water.  Stick the cork back in the wine bottle and take a jog during happy hour.  As for me, I’ll be replacing chocolate with green or herbal tea.  

You know that old saying about breakups?  The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.  It applies here too.  Replace a bad habit with a better one and you’ll lessen the separation anxiety.  

Especially if you ate nearly this entire box of chocolate covered strawberries last night...

No comments:

Post a Comment