21.9.12

Impassion-ed


Last night the boyfriend took me to dinner in this tiny French bistro, tucked in a corner on a quiet street.  Easy jazz oozed from cracked stucco walls, smells of garlic wafted from the back kitchen and the handwritten chalkboard menu made your mouth water before even stepping inside. 

Though the food was fantastic, the music is what really made the evening special.  Every Thursday night, the restaurant’s owner leads his jazz band in a set of nostalgic tunes for diners.  As he strummed away at his guitar, I found myself envying him. He had found a way to incorporate two passions into his everyday life—food and music.  When I admitted this to the boyfriend, he asked  “What are your passions?” 

Without hesitation, “Food, travel and writing” I responded.

He then suggested that I’d already taken care of the hardest part.  The easiest part is figuring out a way to weave those passions together.

And so, here I am, back to writing.  If you don’t mind, I’d like to take you to a few places and tell you about a few fabulous meals.  But mainly, I’d just like to feel impassion-ed every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment