3.10.12

Well Travel-ed.

One of the great things about New York City is the ready accessibility to so many different cultures.

One culture that I have adopted as my second nationality, la France, was hosting a Taste of France Food Festival this past weekend. Of course, the boyfriend and I had to swing by.

We shared a platter of country pâté, fresh bread and two tasters of côte du Rhône for lunch--not too shabby.




We (particularly the boyfriend) were quite disappointed to find there was a glaring absence of cheese at the festival, so we decided to load up on dessert instead.

Two mini chocolate eclairs:




Yum!




And an unpictured crêpe framboise.

All on all it was a lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Though the clouds threatened rain, it held off until we got home, which reminded me of the afternoons spent drying out, drinking hot tea in my tiny Parisian apartment. There's just something about good food that brings with it a twang of nostalgie. Oh la France, comme tu me manques!





No comments:

Post a Comment