22.2.10

Luck-ed out

I'm blessed to have fantastic friends.  Without hesitation, I can state that I have a shoulder to cry on, a hand to hold, a lended ear, and an eye watching my back--and all of these don't necessarily belong to the same body.  Often times life doesn't feel like it's happening unless we have someone to share it with--kind of like the "if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?" theory, I wonder, "if there isn't a friend to laugh at your jokes, are they funny?  if there wasn't a friend to wipe away your tears, would you cry?"

Friends are the pieces of reality that make life feel like a dream.  Undoubtedly, we all feel lucky to have these people in our lives; however finding those friends may not involve as much luck as we think it does.  A few years ago, I read a book called Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss.  I highly recommend it for anyone who has ever thought about the existence of multiple lives, and anyone who has ever tried to explain a higher being in a less than traditional sense.

Essentially, the one idea that I took away from the book, was the idea that certain souls travel together from one life to the next.  We have all, at one point or another, felt we've known someone forever upon first meeting them.  That feeling of having already spent a lifetime with someone before is explained simply--perhaps you have.

Now, the last thing that I care to do is to make a firm statement of what I believe to be the truth.  Because I can't say for sure exactly what I believe.  But I do want to make you think, to question all the things that you already question, and then question them again.  If only to make you appreciate it all a little bit more.

It may not have been luck that led you to find your best friends, but you sure are lucky to have them.

pic:weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment