17.1.11

Life, Slic-ed.

Tumblr_l0gpnpoi0w1qbw8xdo1_500_large


Since the last time we spoke, I have changed jobs.  I am now in a line of work that speaks to my strengths and my interests, which is very exciting!  But as they say, "there's always something."

It's my boss.  Now, by no means is she a mean horrible person.  She is actually quiet pleasant when she wants to be.  The dynamics of our relationship are difficult to explain, but it has left me on the verge of tears more days than I'd like to admit.  Essentially, I am expected to be her subordinate, her teammate, and her psychologist all in one.  I will admit, however, that I can be a sensitive soul.  So what might send me reeling, might bounce off a thicker-skinned individual as a small set back.

That said, I just happened to stumble upon a very appropriate book in my parents library last weekend.  "Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff."  It doesn't take more than a few minutes of flipping through this tiny coffee table book to grasp the basic concept.

I have often said that life is all about the little things.  So, the next time something goes wrong, or you get upset, or your boss steps over the line, take a deep breath and imagine your life as a pie graph.  How large of a slice would this situation represent?  Probably a minimal percentage.  Then, think of all of the other wonderful slices.  Like I said before, it's all about perspective.  Today, I sit sipping mint tea, listening to my Adele Pandora mix, and I think, this is a good slice.

pic: weheartit

No comments:

Post a Comment