Whether I like it or not, I often find my happiness depends a lot on how my work life is progressing (not much), how exciting my love life is (see pseudo-date reference), and how much family support I receive (lots, but never enough). Instead, I've decided I will begin focusing on a few principles:
- Accept. I will accept that this is my perfect life...right now. No waiting around for something different to happen, the best for right now is here and ready.
- Minimize. One's life is never bigger than the little things that it's made of: a decadent piece of chocolate cake, a long fall run, a super late night with friends, a 'job well done' email from the boss man, a smile left for a stranger. The littler your life is, the bigger and better it gets.
- Maximize. Seize the opportunities presented to you. And keep your eyes and ears open, sometimes opportunity knocks softly.
- Love. Dish it out in every shape and form. And be sure to give yourself a extra large helping.
- Believe. Trust that you're stronger than you realize. If you believe in yourself, and in your decisions, whatever they may be, you will always be right.
(image from Cal Tech website)