29.9.09

Chicken-ed Out.

I want to be sitting at this counter with a giant platter of fresh cheese and crackers in front of me, a balloon glass of delicious red wine, and some soothing French music on in the background while I chat with Diane Keaton about her love affair with Jack Nicholson.  (Yes, another Diane Keaton reference.  Ever see Something's Gotta Give?  Classy, turtleneck-loving, writer/mother Diane Keaton flits around this kitchen in the movie.)

Sadly, my New York kitchen is about the size of the double-wide doorway on the left (if that), but one day I'll have a kitchen this grand.  Another tidbit you should know about me is that I absolutely LOVE to cook...and eat.  One of my favorite recipes to make is called 'Cranberry Chicken' because it only involves 4 ingredients, tastes delicious, and is the perfect dish for a dinner party.  You stick it in the oven an hour before you wish to serve dinner, and then you're free to mingle with your guests (aka eat cheese and crackers while gossiping about your love affairs...see above).  No slaving over a hot stove all evening.

Cranberry Chicken:

1 bottle French dressing
1 packet Knorr's French Onion Soup dry mix
1 can whole cranberry sauce
4 chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash and dry the chicken breasts.  Mix first three ingredients together in a shallow glass baking dish.  Add chicken and coat with mixture.  Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes.  Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.  Remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes.  Serve with rice and vegetable in season.

Cranberry Chicken is truly delicious, but it seems I make chicken over and over, just in different ways.  I could use a few easy, non-chicken recipes.  Any suggestions?  Leave me a comment with your favorite and I'll make an experiment out of it. 

And Diane Keaton, if you're reading this...I'll have you (and Jack) over for dinner anytime.

1 comment:

  1. Here's one of my favorite steak recipes. All you need is 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, tablespoon of red wine, salt, pepper, and about 2 short stems of rosemary leaves (pluck from stems). Clean the meat and stick in a large zip-lock bag. Add ingredients and then put in the refrigerator to marinate anywhere from 1-3 hours. When ready to prepare, place on broiling pan and broil steaks anywhere from 15-25 minutes, depending on your preference of how well you want the meat cooked.

    ReplyDelete